Give Your Time
Volunteers are needed throughout University Settlement's programs to help us fulfill our mission, touching the lives of more than 50,000 participants every year. Whether you are an individual or corporation, have only a few hours to spare, or can make a longer-term commitment to ongoing work, there are many different ways that you can help. Here are just some of the many opportunities currently available; it is our pleasure to work with you to find a suitable project or area where volunteer service is most useful and needed.
- Nurture young children: Read to pre-schoolers in our Early Childhood Center, acting as an assistant in one of our vibrant classrooms for children ages 2 ½ to 5.
- Tutor: Engage one-on-one with elementary-age children in our after-school programs, assisting with homework and helping to build fundamental reading, writing and math skills.
- Teach a workshop: Share your knowledge and passion by leading or assisting in a workshop for children, teens or adults. These could include an arts class, a personal finance workshop, health, and wellness seminar, or any other areas of interest.
- Engage with the Community: Assist at our Neighborhood Center, where we provide breakfast and lunch to seniors and get to interact directly with the older adult population in your community. During the holiday season, you can help out at a community holiday party.
- Advocacy: Through the efforts of Project Home, University Settlement advocates on housing and other related issues. Please call (212) 505-1995 if you would like to participate in letter writing, organizing or other advocacy initiatives.
- Corporate Partners: Many of our corporate partners look for ways to get employees involved as volunteers. Often, they provide in-kind professional services or they "loan" a professional for either a short-term project or something more expansive.
Give Your Support
|Home | Job Opportunities | Site Map|